2024 WCBRA FINALS | September 27-29
2024 THE MYRNA | September 26 | $5,000 Added
4500 S. Laspina St., Tulare, CA 93274
LAST DAY TO QUALIFY FOR FINALS
September 15, 2024, however no qualification need for The Myrna
ARE YOU QUALIFIED?
Check out the Points tab and click on Races Attended to list to make sure you are qualified. You must have 1 membership and 10 races for each entry into the finals. Email us for any qualification questions: [email protected]. You DO NOT need to wait to be fully qualified to enter the Finals. If you are drawn out due to qualifications you will be refunded.
FINALS DRAW INFO
All sold online at www.saddlebook.com only. See schedule for times.
60 second time limit per time only.
If time permits in each time block than additional time onlies will be sold for $5 cash at the gate.
SIDEPOTS – CARRYOVERS ONLY
WCBRA Finals Sidepots – Carryovers only. Must enter both rounds.
Youth: 5D | 70% payback | Age 18 and under as of 01/01/2024 | $40/round | $80 total
Senior: 5D | 70% payback | Age 50 as of 01/01/2024 | $35/round | $70 total
Prime: 5D | 70% payback | Ages 18-49 as of 01/01/2024 | $35/round | $70 total
Derby: 2D | 1 sec split | $100 Added | 70% payback | $35/round | $70 total
Helmet: 5D | 70% payback | $35/round | $70 total
The Myrna Sidepots/Qualifiers – All of these are carryovers only
Youth: 5D | 70% payback | Age 18 and under as of 01/01/2024 | $25 Entry Fee
Senior: 5D | 70% payback | Age 50 as of 01/01/2024 | $25 Entry Fee
Prime: 5D | 70% payback | Ages 18-49 as of 01/01/2024 | $25 Entry Fee
Helmet: 5D | 70% payback | $25 Entry Fee
Golden Horse: 5D | 70% payback | For Horses 16 years and older only | $25 Entry Fee
(The Myrna) Future Fortunes: 4D | 100% payback of $10K Open Bonus Money | 1/2 sec splits | No entry fee, must enter at www.futurefortunesinc.com/forms/
The Futurity Finals are strictly for nominated and qualified horses only. To be qualified a horse must have 4 WCBRA futurity attendances by September 15th, 2024. The Futurity Finals are strictly a carryover from the open. Any rider can run a futurity finals horse if they are properly qualified as a rider to attend finals on the proper number of horses. Two carryover rounds – One $100 entry fee. 2D payout in rounds | 1 second split. Awards only in average. Year-end awards presented to 10th based on points. Average awards only based on finals to 3rd in each D.
A Junior (not to be confused with a Youth) CANNOT be entered in the open race. No qualifications are required but Juniors must have a current membership. The age qualification is 10 & under as of January 1st, 2024. $45 Entry Fee.
One round only, Saturday September 30th at big drag at draw #250. Straight pay and awards to all. Limited to first 20 entries.
MED OUT / VET OUT POLICY
Western Attire with cowboy hat or helmet required while competing at Finals. No dress code for the Myrna.
No portable stalls/tying overnight. Must use a facility stall and shavings when staying overnight.
Pets ok – but must remain on a leash at all times.
No bonfires. BBQs ok.
Mandatory long-sleeved, buttoned-up, collared shirt, tucked in. Western pants, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat or helmet. Hats lost in the arena will result in a $10 hat fine. Riders are responsible to pick up their own hats nearest the location it was lost, i.e. first barrel. Any dress code violations will result in a $50 fine. Please dress professionally, as photos will be taken and displayed in various publications.
ADDITIONAL ARENA RULES
The main arena will be set up with a holding pen and alleyway. A Race Official will oversee the holding pens.
• Riders are expected to load the holding pens during the drag (5 riders that are up and their helper if needed). The holding pen gate will be closed when the barrels are set and the tractors are parked. Riders and their helpers NOT in the holding pens when the gates are shut will be fined ($25 fine) but allowed to run if they choose to accept the fine, so long as their drawn position has not been passed.
• Riders will have a total of 90 seconds to enter into the alleyway and cross the eye after their name is called. After the 90 second mark racers failing to cross the eye and run will be disqualified. If your horse is hard to start, please have a plan.
• Help, in closed-toed shoes, is allowed in the holding pen, but no person or horse is allowed past the plane of the gate into the alleyway except those that are up and race officials.
• Please be mounted when entering the alleyway, however if other plans are required please communicate with us at the gate.
• Failure to follow the holding pen rules or respect the race officials will result in a fine of a minimum $50 unless otherwise noted above.
• Hat fines will be assessed to anyone who lose their hat in the arena during the Finals. $10 will be added to our SaddleBook entry for payment online or at the office. YOU ARE RESPONDSIBLE TO RETRIEVE YOUR HAT FROM THE ARENA SOON AFTER YOUR RUN – YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY YOUR FINE FIRST. WCBRA is not responsible for misplaced hats.
All decisions of the Race Official will be final.
**Vendor app coming soon** Please email to [email protected] for outside inquires.
All Finals related questions need to be directly emailed to [email protected]. Do not contact the facility directly. Check this page regularly for your most up to date information.
2018 WCBRA FINALS RESULTS
2019 WCBRA FINALS RESULTS
2020 WCBRA FINALS RESULTS
2021 WCBRA FINALS RESULTS
2022 WCBRA FINALS RESULTS