A second youth division, classified as “Juniors” will be run as its own race at the finals for those NOT entered in the open. The requirement for entering as a Junior is to purchase a membership, no qualifiers needed.
See the Finals tab for more information on entering these classes.
Barrel racers at WCBRA prime sanctioned races will pay a $5.00 fee at each WCBRA race they attend per horse (both members and non members). Entering a minimum of 10 races is mandatory to compete on one horse at the Finals Race. For each consecutive horse you wish to enter in the Finals, you need an additional five race attendances for each. The $5.00 finals fees paid at each race ensure WCBRA points toward the year-end standings. The $5.00 finals fee is YOURS. YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO GET IT BACK! Each finals fee will go directly into the added money for the finals race. WCBRA will guarantee a Finals race with a minimum of $5,000 added money each day. The fees you pay as a barrel racer throughout the year now, guarantee a way to run at a fantastic finals barrel race! WCBRA will also tracking money won (converts to points) and attendance for members throughout year. There will year-end awards at end of year based on money won and attendance
To receive a time at WCBRA race YOU MUST MAKE A COMPETITVE RUN! This means, if you miss your run or turn out, you will not receive an attendance or points.
Knocked over barrels will result in no time, unless otherwise specified by producer. Knocked over barrels and NTs resulting from off pattern or likewise will still be awarded attendances for qualification purposes. Checks will not awarded for knocked over barrels.
You may only enter each horse once in Open class. Two people may not share horse in same Open class. This includes carryovers the Open. Only under WCBRA official approved circumstances will this be allowed.
WCBRA Producers cannot take more than 30% of entry fee, and this is considered after STATED fees. It is suggested that only additional fee accessed the barrel racer is $5.00 finals fee. Other fees (timer’s, points, etc.) are ultimately up to individual producer, but in effort to eliminate the mass amounts of additional fees, please keep the add-ons to a minimum.
WCBRA paid places and payout is determined by total number of riders, fees and added money. Last hole in the 4D/5D is required to pay a minimum of the entry fee paid to enter (less the $5 WCBRA finals fee).
Each WCBRA race attended (with paid $5.00 finals fee) counts as 50 points. Money won on your highest dollar earning horse in each race converts to additional straight points ($50.00 = 50 points). Points will be audited by a third party bi-monthly. Please note that year-end awards points and attendances will not be counted until a membership has been purchases properly online. WCBRA does not reward retroactive points or attendances.
Points will be regularly updated on the website. Riders must email any point discrepancies or question to [email protected]. Points will be audited by a third party and are subject to change. Management reserves the right to make point adjustments as they see fit and fair.
Year-end points as presented at The Richest Race In The West will be final.
WCBRA Code of Conduct
WCBRA membership and participation in WCBRA sanctioned events is subject to your compliance with the following Code of Conduct, which applies to all members and attendees at WCBRA events including all outside vendors, consultants or other customers. By being a Member or contracting with WCBRA, you agree to abide by these policies. Violation of any of the following provisions may subject a member to disqualification from WCBRA events, being denied entry to WCBRA events, loss of points and attendances, or suspension from the Association. WCBRA has developed this Code of Conduct to ensure that all its Members and invitees may enjoy the WCBRA experience in a safe environment. WCBRA will make every reasonable effort to ensure that all concerned are familiar with these policies and are aware that any complaint in violation of such policies will be investigated and resolved appropriately.
- All contesting members will at all times conduct themselves in an exemplary manner upholding the WCBRA purpose to provide fair and fun racing environments.
- Contestants shall present themselves in a neat, clean, and orderly manner.
- A member or contestant will be responsible for his or her conduct in the vicinity of a WCBRA sanctioned event or function.
- The following list of actions are considered one-warning infractions at WCBRA sanctioned events with minimum $100 fine and can result in an immediate suspension of membership upon second offense:
- Using abusive or intemperate language or attempting to threaten, bribe, influence or harass any contestant, show official or spectator. Also, any remarks made with the intent to cast aspersions on the character or integrity of any WCBRA affiliates.
- Excessive training on an animal, or intent to do anything other than provide the animal its best care
- Creating or instigating any social media content or comments in which WCBRA, its members, or affiliates are defiled
- Not correcting a bounce check or unpaid balances, additional fees included, within 30 days of producer’s request
- Failure to adhere to reasonable individual rules as set forth by individual races/producers/facilities
- Attempting to damage, destroy, or manipulate the reputation of WCBRA with its members, producers, partners and supporters
- The following list of actions are considered unacceptable at WCBRA sanctioned events and can result in an immediate suspension of membership:
- Animal abuse or neglect of considerable amount
- Harassment of any type, to include but not limited to stalking, blocking, chasing, verbally attacking, epithets, slurs or negative stereotyping; threatening, intimidating or hostile acts; denigrating jokes; and written or graphic material that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward an individual or group, including by e-mail, phone (including voice messages), text messages, social networking sites or other means.
- Physical harm to any person, structure, auto, or like being anywhere on the sanctioned facility
- Theft of any type
- Threat of bodily harm to any contestant, spectator, race staff, etc.
- Threats or misconduct by an adult to a minor, regardless of relationship
- It is the policy of WCBRA to ensure equal participation without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. WCBRA prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Any individual who has questions or concerns about these policies should contact the office at [email protected]